Table of Contents
You all know that autumn is a season full of color, especially shades of brown and orange, which delight our eyes at every step. But besides the specific color, autumn also brings us its delightful aromas, offering us delicious fruits and vegetables, such as pumpkin, apples, plums or pears.
Today we are going to discuss about the amazing pears and I will present you an extremely simple, delicious and healthy dessert for kids – Pear Muffins Thermomix Recipe or pear cupcakes, as they are also known.
How to make Pear Muffins with Thermomix?
Pear muffins with Thermomix, like any other muffin recipe, whether we are talking about chocolate muffins, fruit muffins or a simple muffin recipe, requires a combination between the sweet taste and tender texture of pears and a fluffy dough, which is based on butter, flour and milk.
This pear muffins recipe, together with the fruit cake recipe, are two of the simplest dessert recipes that I have prepared. They are also similar, because both contain fruits in their composition, so we can say that both desserts are extremely easy to prepare and versatile.
Muffin recipes are very versatile, allowing us to add almost anything we want to their composition, for a unique taste. That means that muffin recipes, or cupcakes, depending on which term you choose to use, can be both sweet and salty.
If we want to get some salty muffins, we can successfully bake cheese muffins or even omelet muffins, which can represent a wonderful option for breakfast or lunch box for kids at school.
If we want to get sweet muffins, then we have many options here as well, having the possibility to add chocolate, fruits, or even vegetables to the composition of the muffins.
There are many varieties of fruit muffins, starting with banana muffins, apple muffins, blueberry or raspberry muffins, apple muffins and many other kinds. Honestly, there are very few fruits that cannot be included in the composition for muffins, so the vast majority can be used without problems 🙂
Muffins with vegetables are an extremely healthy and tasty option, and depending on the vegetables used, we can even get a dessert, such as pumpkin muffins or carrot cake muffins.
Therefore, muffins are an extremely versatile dish, which can be adapted to everyone’s preferences or needs.
The muffin dough, as I said, is similar in the case of any type of muffin you choose to prepare, and you have the possibility to choose what ingredient to add for a special taste or aroma.
Our muffins today, pear cupcakes, represent a sweet, but at the same time healthy dish, because I chose to add very little honey and remove sugar from their composition. This turns our pear muffins thermomix recipe into a kidsfriendly dessert, which will be adored by both kids and adults.
Are pear muffins healthy?
I think pear muffins are an extremely healthy option for a simple and delicious dessert. And I’m not being subjective when I say this, but I’m taking into account the ingredients that form the basis of this kids friendly sweet treat.
First of all, it is extremely important to mention that I DID NOT USE sugar to make these pear muffins thermomix. Thus, replacing the sugar with a little honey, for the composition of these pear cupcakes, I obtained a healthy and delicious kids friendly dessert.
Certainly, crafting a dessert with eggs, milk, butter, and pears not only promises a delicious outcome but also incorporates several nutritional benefits. Let’s delve into the advantages of each of these ingredients:
- 1. Eggs: A staple in culinary arts, eggs are renowned for their versatility and nutritional richness. They’re a prime source of high-quality protein, containing all nine essential amino acids necessary for bodily repair and growth. This makes them particularly beneficial for sustaining muscle health, a crucial factor for individuals across all age groups. Moreover, eggs are a treasure trove of vital vitamins, including vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin D, which respectively contribute to maintaining energy levels and promoting bone health. The presence of choline, a significant nutrient for brain development and function, further underscores eggs’ nutritional importance.
- 2. Milk: Milk is not just a wholesome liquid but a unique dietary source of an array of essential nutrients. It is famously rich in calcium, a mineral paramount for healthy bones and teeth, especially in growing children and adolescents. The protein in milk serves as a building block for muscles, while its potassium content helps maintain healthy blood pressure. Vitamins B12 and B2 in milk are crucial for cardiovascular health and energy production. Additionally, the presence of iodine, a key player in thyroid function, and vitamin A, essential for vision and immune health, rounds out milk’s profile as a nutritional powerhouse.
- 3. Butter: While best enjoyed in moderation, butter can enhance your dessert’s flavor profile significantly. It contributes to the rich, creamy texture that makes many desserts utterly indulgent. Beyond its culinary contributions, butter contains vitamins A and E, both of which are necessary for skin health and have antioxidant properties to protect cells from damage. It also provides a small amount of vitamin D, assisting in calcium absorption for bone health. Moreover, when used wisely, butter can contribute to satiety, the feeling of fullness, which can prevent overeating.
- 4. Pears: Pears, with their sweet, slightly tart undertone, bring a natural sweetness to desserts, reducing the need for added sugars. They are an excellent source of dietary fiber, which promotes digestive health and regularity. The high-water content in pears aids in maintaining hydration, while their low-calorie count can help support weight management. Pears also contain essential vitamins such as C, known for its immune-boosting properties, and K, necessary for blood clotting. The presence of antioxidants and phytonutrients in pears can help fight against chronic diseases.
To conclude, incorporating eggs, milk, butter, honey and pears into your pear muffins thermomix recipe means more than creating a tasty treat; it’s about blending the unique nutritional benefits of each ingredient. This combination results in a kids friendly dessert that supports various aspects of health, from strong muscles and bones to a robust immune system and healthy digestion. Enjoying this dessert can be a delightful way to complement a balanced diet, offering both nourishment and pleasure in each bite.
Pear Muffins Thermomix Recipe:
I made these incredible pear muffins thermomix recipe using a Cookidoo Blueberry Muffins recipe, which I adapted to my needs and preferences. I also mention the fact that I prepared these pear cupcakes using a Thermomix, but as you already know, it is not necessary to have this kitchen gadget to achieve the delicious final result. Use with confidence a large bowl, a whisk and a spatula and you will get some amazing pear muffins in a short time, following the steps in the recipe presented below.
45 min Pear Muffins Thermomix Recipe – a simple and healthy kids friendly quick dessert
- 20 Muffins molds / Muffins tray Silicon
- 1 Thermomix / Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Spatula
- 4-5 pcs pears peeled and cored;
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 150 g flour
- 160 g milk
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ pcs grounded cinnamon
- First, preheat the oven at 180℃ (356℉) and prepare 15-20 muffin molds;
- Into the mixing bowl, add butter, honey, flour, milk, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt and grounded cinnamon and mix all these ingredients for 20 SEC / Speed 3;
- Add the peeled, cored pears, cut into small cubes into the composition and gently incorporate them, using a spatula;
- Pour the final composition into the muffin molds by filling 2/3 of their volume;
- Place the mold on a baking tray (or simply use a muffin tray) and place them into the preheated oven. Bake them for 30-35 minutes at 180℃ (356℉).
- Let them cool a little and serve them as a dessert or a quick sweet snack.
For the original recipe, available for Cookidoo users, feel free to bake the recipe for Blueberry Muffins
I hope you will try this amazing kids friendly dessert pear muffins thermomix recipe, which is easy to make and extremely delicious and healthy. Don’t forget that you can always share your thoughts, opinions and reviews in the comments section below. Until the next easy and delicious recipe, I wish you all a great time spent with your loved ones. Bye 😊