Table of Contents
Super-easy Fruit Cake dessert recipe
I decided to start a long series of recipes that will be posted on this blog, with one of the easiest dessert recipes: fruit cake.
This cake recipe is an extremely volatile dessert that can be adapted to the needs or tastes of each one of you, giving you the freedom to choose the fruits you will want to use (for example: peaches, plums, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, apricots, etc.), and they can be used fresh or frozen. If you choose to use frozen fruits, start by defrosting them overnight by letting them drain into a strainer, for example. By doing so, in the next morning, your fruits will be ready to use for this cake.
Find out how to preserve food for long terms in order to ensure the frozen fruits that you most enjoy, and then simply defrost them when you want to bake this easy and delicious cake.
But let’s discover together what this is all about. It’s very simple, here you will find the recipe for the easiest fruit cake. It is a simple sponge cake with no milk, yogurt or other lactose-based products. Thus, this dessert becomes suitable for people with lactose intolerance.
How to make a kids friendly cake with fruits?
Another extremely important aspect is that you can adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference for this cake recipe. This is possible mainly because of the fruits, which are sweet anyway, so you won’t need to use a lot of sugar in the composition of the dough. I always use raw sugar as I find it less processed than white sugar.
Other advantages of raw sugar, compared to white sugar, are represented by the minerals and vitamins in its content, which are present in the molasses substances. Following this argument, I would dare to assume that raw sugar has a much higher nutrient content than over-processed white sugar. And YES, for this reason, my dishes will always have a darker color than other similar dishes, where white sugar is used, but this does not bother me, on the contrary, for me it seems so natural and normal at this moment, to have dishes more yellowish 😊.
Also, the amount of sugar (for this cake and other recipes) depends a lot on the variety of fruit you choose to use. For example, if you choose ripe apricots, which are very sweet, you can certainly use significantly less sugar than if you choose to add blueberries. But all these things are exclusively for the tastes and needs of each of you, because the quantities that I present in my recipes are indicative and are adapted for me and for my family’s taste, but I can’t please everyone, can I?
You don’t need cooking gadgets to cook it!
It is very important to note, and I will try to make this point with every recipe I post that involves the use of a cooking appliance, whether we are talking about the Thermomix, Crockpot or anything else, that EVERY RECIPE I POST ON THIS BLOG CAN BE ADAPTED TO TRADITIONAL COOKING. A Thermomix can be replaced by a mixer, in certain situations a Slow Cooker can be replaced by cooking in the electric oven using a lower temperature, or a Multicooker can be replaced by a pressure cooker, for example.
So, the purpose of this blog is not to convince you to purchase a particular cooking appliance. Sure, these appliances make our lives easier, they make our work in the kitchen seem less difficult, because I purchased them after analyzing the advantages they bring to my life, but I’m not trying to promote products here, I’m trying to offer you a wide range of cooking ideas, in case you’ve already exhausted your own.
Being a simple cake recipe with fruits, you don’t need a lot of utensils or a lot of cooking time. Basically, a baking tray with a length of 25-30 cm and a width of 15-20 cm is necessary, lined with baking paper. A round pan can also be used, or a cake tin with a removable bottom if you prefer a round cake.
Full Recipe – Easy Cake with Fruits
First of all, turn on the oven and set the temperature at 170O Celsius. Your oven has to be preheated at this temperature when you bake the cake, so make sure you don’t forget to start with this first step 😛
Easy fruit cake Dessert Recipe
- 1 Thermomix / Blender
- 7 eggs;
- 700-1000 gr fruits if you use frozen fruits, let them defrost and drain the water
- 50 gr oil
- 120 gr brown sugar I use less sugar because I want to make it kids friendly, but you can add up to 200 gr of sugar
- 250 gr flour
- 10 gr vanilla sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- First of all, turn on the oven and set the temperature at 170O Celsius. Your oven has to be preheated at this temperature when you bake the cake, so make sure you don’t forget to start with this first step
- Now, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites;
- Insert the butterfly whisk into the mixing bowl of the Thermomix. Add the egg whites, some sugar and the salt and mix them well 3 min- Speed 3.5. You will obtain a foam made of all theseKeep in mind: You don’t have to own a Thermomix to make this recipe! You should easily adapt all the steps from this recipe for using a mixer.
- Add the vanilla sugar. Set the Thermomix for 2 min- Speed 1 and then start to add, one by one, the following ingredients: the egg yolks, the oil and the rest of the sugar.
- Once all the ingredients above are mixed together, take out the butterfly whisk and gradually add the flour into the bowl and manually incorporate the flour into the mixture, by using a spatula;
- Also, add ½ of the fruits and gently incorporate them into the batter;
- Pour the batter into a baking tray and try to make sure that your dough is spread over the entire surface of the tray;
- Add the remaining fruits;
- Bake into the preheated oven at 170o Celsius for 45-50 minutes;
- Once it is completely bakes, take out the sponge cake from the oven and let it cool down;
- In the end, you can add caster sugar.
I hope you enjoyed my super simple cake recipe, ideal for a birthday or a simple Sunday spent with the family at home, in the yard, or even on a picnic in nature.
Remember, the amounts of ingredients can be adjusted according to your or your children’s needs and/or preferences. I hope you will cook this dish, even with your children, as it is an extraordinary activity worth trying as a family. It doesn’t matter the amount of mess that is made, what matters is the unique experience you have with the little ones and the joy on their faces when they feel involved in household chores. It’s a wonderful way to create a strong, healthy bond that benefits everyone, but especially them.
Step-by-Step Video Recipe
I kindly ask you to express your thoughts in the comments section and I hope you will join me on this amazing journey that begins today, here on my blog.
Until the next recipe, I hug you and wish you a peaceful day, spent in quality time with your loved ones.
Good appetite and enjoy!